Thursday, May 31, 2007

More complaints

So my mouth is still messed up. It's a little more swollen today than yesterday. Now I'm icing it much more religiously to see if that helps. So far I think it is. I'm also going to exercise a little more self control with respect to eating crunchy foods. Just because it tastes good doesn't mean I should try to eat it. My mom made some really tasty chicken yesterday too. I tried eating some of it. I tried a little too hard. Bah! My mouth will never get better if I don't give it a little rest!

If anything, this experience has lead me to respect my molars. I always thought the sharp teeth were for meat and biting into apples and stuff, and the molars were for grinding up grains and other plant stuff. Now that I have minimal use of my sharp teeth and NO use of my molars, I'm beginning to see how often I use those molars. I like to grind up everything. I wanna use my molars again! Harumph.

And since I'm complaining anyway, I'm going to complain about my tiny, easily collapsable veins. IVs are a royal pain when they have to stab you as many times as they stabbed me. I only remember the first time in each place because after that, some of the painkillers started seeping in locally and I didn't feel any further stabs, but upon looking at all the bruises on my arms, I think they really had at it. I have what looks like 5 holes in my left arm and two in my right. Plus the one the finally got in my wrist. Err... maybe more than 2 in the right... I don't know. I thought I was still pretty coherent at that time. I'm surprised that I didn't notice most of that poking. I did notice a few extra little pricks, but I just assumed that was him moving around the needle since it didn't hurt as much as the first time it went in. Also, they did manage a slow drip in the left arm, so it makes sense that they would have kept trying and that I wouldn't have felt it. I certainly feel the bruises now. Bah. Stupid veins. And the guy who was doing the IV said he used to be an IV specialist before he was an orthodontic surgeon. He said he couldn't remember the last time it took him more than 3 tries. When I went to the ER about 6 months ago, they got it in on the first try. That was my first experience with IVs. Then the following day, someone drew blood on the first try. 2nd experience with hitting a vein. The third experience was just as bad as this most recent one, except without the painkillers to make it more fun. Is this going to happen every time I get and IV? If I'm ever in a near fatal accident, am I going to die in an ambulance while medical people try to hit a vein? Well I guess that's just incentive not to be in a near fatal accident. It's still a pretty shitty situation. And my dad blames me for not exercising enough. What?!? Gah! This is not my fault! *pout pout pout*

Well whatever. I think I've gotten rid of most of my daily allowance of whine. I'm going to go back to icing my face for a while. Sigh.

No comments: