Truth be told, I don't have a lot of cheeriness to relate, but I was tired of all the complaining. Yes my jaw still hurts, but I think it's a little better than it was. I beat Super Paper Mario and I've been working on the little extras. I'm starting to wish I'd done some of these extras before the final boss though. I'm getting a lot of powerups, good items, and the like. I guess they'll be helpful when I do the optional dungeon. Well... one of the optional dungeons. I'm starting to notice just how much extra stuff there is in this game. It's a little ludicrous. Unless I'm much mistaken, there are three optional dungeons with 100 levels each, 48 maps to hidden items, 96 recipes to cook, 256 cards to collect, and an arcade with several minigames to play. It's taken me 4 hours or to do 17 maps (with a little time taken out for those minigames). I thought the maps would be a good place to start. It's a little tiring sometimes hunting through all the worlds I've already been to so I can find all the treasures though. I wish I'd had the maps handy on my first time through so I could have been picking things up as I went. Unfortunately, I had nowhere near enough cash at that point to buy the maps, and at early stages of the game I didn't even have access to them. Cash in this game is surprisingly scarce. I seem to make plenty of money, but then I just return to town and spend it all. It's easy to throw all your money away buying those maps. Some cost as much as 100 coins. Robbery is what it is!
I must say I'm pleased with all the extras Super Paper Mario has. Sure, they're not as fun as the actual game, but it gives me something to do that doesn't require use of my mouth. If I actually attempted to finish everything, I'd be long healed before I was done. But I do think it's time Super Paper Mario went onto the back burner. I looked at my math book earlier today and felt quite guilty. I haven't so much as opened it for the past few days. Yeah, I've felt pretty crappy, but that's not really a great excuse. I have a lot of preparation to do before my classes actually start. I want to get the first couple chapters of 54 down before I start prepping for 113, which is the class I'm really worried about. I don't really feel comfortable studying the 113 before I have a more solid grasp on matrices. Sigh. I think today's the day I get back to work. Bah. But for now I think I'm going to laze just a bit more.
Friday, June 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm happy you could find some cheeriness to write about, even though you aren't feeling well.
Post a Comment