So I dreamed that I was on The Ultimate Fighter in the 130lb weight class. I don't think that weight class exists, but I was in it. And I was the only female. As such, I was not one of the first picked. I made it past the first round though. I think... dreams tend to get a little hazier after you wake up. No, maybe I didn't... maybe this was my first fight... Whatever. Anyway, Dana White was declaring who the next fighters would be. He chose this one asian guy who was perceived as one of the best fighters and before he said who the second fighter would be, I volunteered loudly and incessantly like a 3rd grader (ooo ooo choose me! pick me!). I wanted to prove that I was tough even though I was one of the last picked. So he chose me.
I don't recall training at all. In fact, I remember decidedly not training. A part of my mind was telling me "you're going to get the shit beaten out of you if you don't train," but I just seemed sluggish and time seemed to be moving faster than me. Suddenly it was a few hours before the fight and I weighed myself. I weighed in at 143. I knew it was hopeless and that I'd never make weight. I tried getting on a stationary bicycle in sweats, but the fight was at 1 and looking at my watch it was already 12:59. Everything about me felt very slow. I kept bicycling for a bit longer and when next I looked at my watch, it was 2:30. I felt very slow indeed. I had never shown up for my fight. Not only had I not made weight, I was over by more than 10 pounds. I was pretty nervous about Dana. Then I woke up.
Now that is a horrible ultimate fighter. I think I'll stick to watching.
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you would be a good fighter. You'd be scrappy.
I want to make a comment about weight (nothing negative), but TV has taught me to not talk about a woman's weight. And I'm afraid of you.
Post a Comment