I wanted to tell people I was engaged, but I felt really weird calling up people I haven't spoken to in forever just to tell them that my life is awesome. It feels a little like bragging- like the only reason I bothered to contact them was so that I could tell them the good news. Well that would be true. And it seemed a little sleazy. So I didn't end up telling many people even though I did want them to know.
Enter facebook, my shining knight. I changed our status to engaged, but a lot of people were dubious. Since facebook was only college students for so long, most of the people who tag themselves as engaged are joking and I think a lot of people thought that about me as well. A few people got the message though. And when I finally figured out how to make notes, a lot more people got the message. Now there will be pockets of people who will be surprised by me being engaged way into the future, but for anyone who stays at least a little connected, it should be relatively common knowledge in a month or two. Thank you facebook! You're a lifesaver!
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment