Normally, when you post something on Blogger, it records the time you first started to write as the time of posting. It's a pretty good system I think. It only gets a little weird when I finish a post several days after I've started it. I started the previous post yesterday, and since I knew it was going to have yesterday's date, I just decided to only write about stuff I knew yesterday and then just post again right afterwards with an update from today. But someone closed firefox on me when I was away from the computer. I expected it, but I knew that Blogger would autosave my writing, so I didn't worry about it too much. So then when I go to open firefox again, it had conveniently saved all the tabs I had open, including the half-written (or mostly written as it turned out) blog post. "How convenient!" I thought to myself. But apparently something about reopening the page reset the start time of the blog entry, so when I posted my blog entry, it said the date was today, mere minutes ago. I found myself thinking how silly that would make today's entry (which I originally planned to call simply "Wii update") look. A comment on how I haven't played much followed by further information on all the hours of playing I've done in the past 15 minutes? No no no. Too silly.
Well as far as I'm concerned, that's explained away.
Anyway, onward to the actual Wii update. Super Paper Mario is still really awesome. It's very cute and it has an interesting gameplay. It's very reminiscent of the old school platform jumpers (ie original mario for the nes). The whole game is essentially a 2-D platform jumper where you occasionally have to go into 3-D to get around something, solve a puzzle, kill some random guy that exists in "another dimension," or something else equally cute. There's a whole lot of cute that I really appreciate. I'm enjoying the game a lot, but it's not very rpg. It's like a hybrid of an rpg and a platform jumper. Now I was never really into the platform jumpers, but I suppose this is as good an introduction as I can get. I can imagine how much someone would love it if they played the original marios. This is my intro to platform jumpers, but perhaps this would serve as a good intro to rpgs for Steven... hmmm... He was interested in trying one out...
So anyway, all is well in Super Paper Mario land. I'm on world 1-4 and catching most of the sneakily hidden little items. It's fairly satisfying. In part because Paper Mario is so fun, and in part because I've played it so much already, I think this means I'm going to set down Wii sports for a little while. Also, I'm FREAKIN SORE! Owwww... my everything...
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment