Monday, July 2, 2007

A few little updates

So I don't think there's much that can be done about Matt. He has done some workshift, and while it is probably not all legit, enough of it is that I think he can get away with the less legit stuff. Besides, the less legit stuff is just barely plausible enough that he could be given the benefit of the doubt. It's frustrating, but there's not much I can do about it. I guess I just have to be satisfied with what little I can get. Jesse, the house president, is now officially fed up with Matt (ever since the last meeting where Matt was such a dick) and no longer giving him the benefit of the doubt. Also, he will no longer be taking minutes at meetings as he has been deemed too biased. Really, he's succeeded in pissing off most of the managerial team. I don't think Jon's pissed off, but I think he's had to go through a bunch of hassle in the past few days justifying what he's done with Matt and is not to terribly likely to do sleazy things since he knows people are paying close attention. Also, the "agreement" between Matt and Jon over the election is probably true, but Matt didn't really do Jon any favors with that. There was a lot of competition and Matt was probably the only one in the house who could have beaten him. Maybe I could have too (since I was a past workshift manager), but even that would have been a bit dubious considering how many CZars are voting.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think Jon owes Matt any favors, or feels like he owes Matt any favors. He may be disinclined to give Matt cushy workshifts, but it may still happen if Matt is persistent about asking. Either way, Jon's not going to go his way if it's any trouble. Jesse is fed up with Matt, and Braver has a very realistic idea of Matt's stupidity, sleaziness, and also of Matt's opinion of him. And as for me, my stance is quite against him. It was funny- Braver told me that Matt asked if he could get hours for painting over some graffiti that one of his guests spray painted on the second floor. Braver sent out a reply saying that you cannot intentionally break something and then ask to receive workshift for fixing it. Kinda hilarious. I'm slightly cranky that I wasn't included in an email sent to the managers, but whatever. I guess it was nice enough of Matt to send it to the managers instead of just to Jon who might have agreed without a fight.

So things are pretty much resolved with Matt. He's in a bit of a precarious position, so I see two possibilities for the future, both of which I like. Either he'll begin to behave because he's in such a precarious position, or he'll continue to be an ass and actual measures will be taken against him because he's been given a few too many warnings. Either way, I think things will be better for the rest of the summer, and then he'll move out and be able to do whatever the fuck he wants at CZ.

Now for a little update about Susan. There's not much to say here. She left town not long after I resolved to talk to her, and I've only seen her briefly since then. Right now, she'll either be on the month long road trip she was planning with Mullens or about to go on the month long road trip. Either way, it doesn't seem like there will be any change in the status of the situation for a while.

And now for a clarification to finish things off. I tend to feel things along the extremes sometimes. For instance, I was extremely pissed about Matt and I was extremely pissed at Mullens when I wrote blog entries about them, but truth to tell, that's not how I generally feel. I tend to want to write when I am most pissed. It helps me blow off steam and sometimes clarifies my anger so I can figure out precisely what the problem is and exactly what is pissing me off so much. I am not quite as fervent as I appear. Sure, I do feel strongly about the issues I write about, especially at the time that I write them, but they also fade until I don't feel quite so strongly about them. I get distracted and start thinking of something else. I guess it's another case of not doing things by halves. When I'm pissed at Matt, goddammit I'm gonna be pissed off at Matt. Right now I'm a little uneasy, but mostly placated, even though my email that I posted pretty much said I would not be easily placated. I think it's good to feel strongly for a short period. It means that I feel strongly enough to try to change things and to work to ease those strong feelings, but it also means I don't get worked up about it for too long and don't start fixating on it. It's a good balance. So anyone reading my blog (Steven, I'm thinking of you) shouldn't be worried if I seem like I'm getting too unhappy about things I can't control or shouldn't meddle with. Perhaps I am too unhappy for a bit, but it's transitory, and it's not such a bad thing to occasionally feel unhappy, especially over things that really don't affect me personally.

Alright. I think that's about it for tonight. Until next time, gentle blog reader.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very glad to hear that you don't let things like that upset you for too long.