Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm shakin in my boots

Or more specifically, my bed. At least I was at 4:45 this morning when a 4.2 earthquake hit. It was really weird. I've never been woken up by an earthquake before. My whole room shook, including my strangely lofted bed. My stomach got that feeling you get when you move quickly (like on a roller coaster) and everything in my room rattled. It only lasted a few seconds and I was still really sleepy eyed and bleary from being woken up. I remember thinking, "Woah. Earthquake. A pretty big one too. Should I be freaking out? Will there be more shakes and will they be stronger? Or should I just go back to sleep?"

I promptly fell back asleep. I was really quite tired. But it's kind of exciting to reminisce about the next day, even though it seems it wasn't such a big deal at the time.

No comments: