I enjoy it when I have nothing planned for a day. I mean, I do run the risk of getting bored with nothing to do, but I can generally find a way to occupy myself.
But not today. Every square inch of my time is planned. I'm going to hang out with Lucy for most of the day. She's going to call me when she gets on the BART, indicating to me my last 30 minutes or so of free time. Then we're going to hang out until about 5 or so, at which point I'll be joining my CSSA buddies for our fancy (if slightly unethical) dinner at Chez Panisse using our club's funds. I think I'm the only one who feels guilty about this. I mean, our club has LOTS of money and we never spend it... but spending it like this... Oh well. I'll go with the flow.
After the dinner is when things get very crazy. I think I'm triple booked at that point. So the first thing I'm going to do is give my roommate Michelle a ride to BevMo and help her buy some booze for her party tonight. Being only 20, she shall have to sulk in the car. I won't be in the store alone though because she has another friend she was planning to go with as well, but before I offered to drive, they were going to take public transit. Ew. Taking public transit to BevMo, followed by Michelle hiding in the parking lot while her friend buys everything alone, all topped off with carrying it all back in brown paper bags on the bus. Le lame. So I had to offer a ride. It was the birthday present I thought would be most appreciated. I thought about getting her something else, but in all likelihood, it would just clutter up the room, and this present is actually useful. I'm also going to buy her some booze so as not to be too cheap.
Driving her there is going to be something of a sacrifice though as I'll be missing the dinner after-party with the CSSA. We were going to go to Kat's place and toss back some brain hemorrhages. Not the tastiest drink from what I've heard, but one of the better looking ones. You start with some Shnapps (usually peach). Then you put some Bailey's on top of it. Because they're different densities, they don't mix, so you have a large layer of Shnapps and then a thinner layer of Bailey's filling your shot glass. Then you get some grenadine (preferably administered with an eyedropper), and place a few drops in the drink. It falls to the bottom (being the densest I guess) and takes a few strands of Bailey's with it. So there are these strands of brain colored Bailey's all mixed with the bloody red grenadine that you can see through the clear Shnapps on the bottom. It's a beautiful drink. You can find pictures of it online. I've seen them in real life, but never actually drank them before. Sure they're not supposed to taste great (I mean, look at the ingredients- fine alone, but what a combination), but I want to drink one dammit!
But maybe I'll be able to get back to the afterparty after our BevMo run is finished. Except that's not all I have to do in the evening. My friend Sagur is in town from India I hear, so I'm going to want to see him. Sagur is the kind of guy who annoys you when you first meet him. Then you get to know him better, and he annoys you more. Then you get to know him really well and you realize he's a really cool guy, but it's still not ideal to see him every day. So I haven't seen him for months, and I really want to see how he's been. Ilya told me he was planning to be in town (and staying at his and Alex's place), but I haven't talked to him since. I'll need to follow up on that sometime today, preferably before Lucy shows up. She hasn't called yet, so perhaps she slept in. That means extra time to blog!
Also at some point tonight Steven will be coming over. He was going to come over before he knew Sagur would be here, but now he's thinking of coming over earlier. I think I'm going to let him fend for himself if he gets here too early and hang out with Alex, Ilya, and Sagur if he's there yet. I'm too busy to hang out with my boyfriend! Wah!
Then, of course, there's Michelle's party tonight that I'm buying the liquor for. She's buying lemon vodka and fangelico for chocolate cake shots. I've never had one, but the way she describes them, they're delicious. Hard liquor that actually tastes good? Like a chocolate cake? Mmmmm... Rosemary wants... She also wants to buy Sparks, which sound abhorrent, but hey it's her party- she gets to buy the booze she wants, and what she wants is an alcoholic energy drink. Alcohol+caffeine=sad. This is the formula for sparks.
Gah! Too much stuff to do tonight! Is this how cool people who go out on Friday nights feel?
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you are in for a night of debauchery. (cries silently under giant mountatin of thesis work)...
Post a Comment