Monday, December 17, 2007

Super Mario Galaxy

It's so fun!

I've been playing it a lot. It's the Super Mario 64 of the Wii. It has lots of stars in lots of worlds and you can beat the game at 60 stars (I have 54), but there's probably closer to 120 in the whole game. Of course I'm guessing since I haven't seen the end of it. It's the sort of game you can spend a lot of time on. Luckily, I feel like I only want to play in small doses. And by small doses, I mean 2-3 hour chunks. One session lasts me the whole day usually. It's really easy to pause and spread the enjoyment out over a long period of time. Normally I can't stop myself and tear through something without being able to fully appreciate it. In this case, I'm more comfortable taking my time.

Each level is pretty creative and fun to play, especially the boss levels. They do fun things with gravity. In fact, every level does fun things with gravity. There are portions of the game where there is no up. You just run around spheres and jump from planet to planet. The gravity is definitely the smoothest part of the game. It integrates with the Wii remote very well too. You're always pointing at the screen or shaking the controller. It's really pretty fun.

Everyone who's reading this, Wii party at my place! Let me know when you're coming and I'll clear you a path through my room filled with crap!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanna go to a Wii party!