Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ponderings

I know I'm supposed to ramble and stay true to the title of this blog, but already I diverge from my original purpose. Today I shall ponder.

I'm pondering mainly over what to write in my blog. Do I turn it into a journal describing my daily events? (I ate a chik patty for lunch.) Or do I use it to talk about interpersonal problems? (The Shmu issue is looking more positive- I had a conversation with someone else when he was in the room and he didn't snap at me at all.) Or should I include the random conversations I have with people?

(paraphrased due to inaccurate memory:
Steven: I like your blog. Your writing style is easy to read. I couldn't write as easily.
Me: You could draw.
Steven: Draw a blog? Oh look- it's a cat. And another cat. Oh it's a Rosemary! There's another cat. Cat again
)

Or should I just do all of the above as shown in the previous paragraph? It seems a little busy to me. I like to choose a topic and stick with it. I want my posts to be short enough so as not to appear daunting. I don't want anyone daunted by my blog. I want it to be whimsical, dammit.

I suppose I could always include everything I'm thinking about in separate posts posted one after another, but at that point it starts to become a little too high maintenance.

What to do, I ponder? What to do indeed.

Well it is my blog after all. I'll do whatever. And if that means pondering when I should be rambling, so be it. If that means boring people about the chik patty I had for lunch, then I shall bore with no remorse. If it means bumming everyone out with emotional personal problems, then all two of my readers should grab hold tight and prepare for the bumming of a lifetime.

I have to admit, I rather like the sheer power I wield when blogging. Now I'll admit I'm taking a rather liberal view of power, but that's the nice part about the whole thing. I can do that. It's my blog.