I feel the desperate need to brag in an environment where I won't look like an ass for doing so, namely, my blog where I always look gracious and intelligent. It's my blog and I'll look gracious and intelligent whenever I want. Which is always.
So anyway, it pained me greatly to do so, but I made a mutually beneficial suggestion to Zoe. Ugh. I made an offer that benefits us both. I'd rather just fuck her over honestly. But I really have to fight the bias as a workshift manager. Arg! It's so hard to fight the bias! This is why I feel the need to brag right now. It took great willpower to press send on the email that offered her everything she wants. And all she had to do in return was stop doing a shift that she either blows off or half asses every week (snack, a shift I really want to see done right- this is where my reasoning for doing it came in). I even asked her permission! How fucking infuriating to be polite to someone you really dislike! Damn my professional integrity!
Though I have to admit I am rather pleased with myself for overcoming my innate dislike and working with Zoe to get what I want. I remember as a kid my mom saying something about cutting off my nose to spite my face- as in I would always do something that was disadvantageous to myself as long as it fucked over someone I disliked. That's not the wisest long term plan though. I'm glad to be breaking the habit. But also pissed. But mostly glad.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to a be a force for good!Sucks, don't it?
Being good is its own reward. But getting a tasty snack get made for you is nice too.
Post a Comment