I feel a little bad about Jen and Patricia. When I first heard about it, I was so angry and really wanted there to be some sort of reaction. But now I feel like the reaction was too strong and I feel bad about it. I don't think that the punishment we finally agreed upon was too strong. I think it's pretty fair actually. They have to pay money for all the alcohol they stole and then each has to do 4 hours of workshift on top of that. And the workshift has to be unpleasant, gross workshifts that no one else would do. That seems actually kinda fair to me, but when I was thinking of gross shifts for them to do, I started feeling bad about it. I mean, cleaning out compost bins is so gross. Scrubbing toilets: also gross. I mean, all these things they have to do really really blow. So I feel bad about how we, as managers, handled it with the house. Yes, what they did was fucked up, but deciding on fining without talking to them first, calling an emergency house meeting to deal with the appeals, and then changing our minds after that because we reached an agreement feels so stupid and sketchy. We made a spectacle of the whole thing. I kind of wanted the house to know how sketchy these two had been, but the whole public announcement thing feels like a bit much now. This rumor would have gotten out one way or another.
-------
Ok. I didn't have time to finish this when I started and now it's over a week later. I have other things I want to blog about and this unfinished blog post is stopping me. So I'm going to finish it up super promptly. I changed my mind. Yeah, they were really sketchy, but they did feel bad about it and the punishment didn't fit the crime. Hearing them speak in person changed my mind and made me feel a little ashamed of myself. The end.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment