Monday, December 21, 2009

Blogging again!

I have been itching to blog for days, maybe even weeks. I started getting the idea in my head for a blog post a while ago, but then things were busy at school. Then things calmed down, but the internet cut out. I have been itching to write for some time now. But internet is back (joy!)! That means I can blog and write freely! Yay! Actually, these first few hours of having internet back after being without for about a week have been delightful. I thought it might be fun to catalog how that went.

1st: checked email
Or at least part of it. I'm still sifting through the hundred plus emails I got that weren't quite important enough to spend time dealing with at work.

2nd: calendar
Some of the stuff in my email prompted me to go to my calendar to see what I have planned and perhaps plan a few new things.

3rd: bank website
I've been a little stressed about not paying my bills lately.

4th: oots
After I had opened the window for my bank, but before I even typed in the url, I remembered my webcomics. I got pretty excited about it too since I hadn't checked for over a week and I was hoping for more than 1 new oots. Turns out that was a mistake, but at least there was one new one.

5th: xkcd
Not actually blocked at my work (unlike oots), but I tend to check all my webcomics together. This one had several updates to check. You can always count on Randall Monroe.

6th: youtube
To watch a cat jump into a box. Because xkcd reminded me that it existed. And because I could. Fuck yeah!

7th: bank website (for reals this time)
Time to actually type in that url and actually pay my bills. Enough dicking around- time to work.

8th: hulu
That period of work turned out to be very fast. Yay for dollhouse!

9th: investigating locksmith
I did actually have chores to do involving the internet.

10th: facebook
I have so many messages, but I don't want to check any of them. I looked at comment someone made on a picture of me and that's about it. I really did this more because I could than because I particularly want to be on facebook. It's like the youtube tab all over again.

11th: blogger
And now we have come full circle. I kind of want to keep writing because I did have posts in mind before the internet cut out, but I think I'm good for now. I have other things I want to do, some of them not involving the internet (gasp!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just went to Youtube to watch a cat jump in a box also. It's super cute.

FYI, it's Randall Munroe