Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I talked too much today

On more than one occasion today, I was talking and realized the person I was talking to wasn't listening. They were doing that head nodding thing I do when I feel like I have to make eye contact and get nervous about what I should be doing and stop listening to what the other person was saying. Then I took a good listen to myself and realized I was barely listening to what I was saying. I'm such a windbag. Bummer. To atone, today's blog will be short. The end.

3 comments:

zurvan said...

wait... context!
was it a friend, a student, a wisened mentor figure?
there are sage ramblings to be mined from this encounter!

rjamm said...

Honestly it's not even entertaining to recount. I was talking with someone about how some kids are just scared of math and I mentioned one student I had who would get petrified on tests. That would be fine if it ended there, but I started going into all my trials and tribulations regarding that student and after a while realized that I didn't really have a point and it wasn't really going anywhere and the guy listening to me had tuned out. The other time I was going on and on about things I thought were interesting regarding cognitive science and neural functions, but I don't know if anyone else was really into it. I just felt like I was monopolizing the conversation and felt bad. So I blogged briefly. You've killed that now. Hope you're happy.

zurvan said...

titillated!